Learn about akt’s history and the people who make our work a reality.
Are you passionate about akt’s campaign to end homelessness among young LGBTQ+ young people? Then maybe you should join our team!
we’d love to have you on board!
who are we?
akt helps LGBTQ+ young people rediscover their bright futures by supporting them out of homelessness.
All members of our team are compassionate and motivated people who believe in our mission: to end homelessness among young LGBTQ+ people.
why should you work with us?
akt provides support to LGBTQ+ young people from different parts of the country, and we have offices in Bristol, London, Manchester and Newcastle. We also offer a Digital Service.
We're really passionate about what we do and the young people who reach out to us each year. You can expect a friendly, flexible, inclusive and supportive working environment. We are committed to making akt a great place to work and volunteer.
benefits of working at akt:
- Flexible working options considered.
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP).
- 28 days annual leave (plus 8 bank holidays), rising to 30 days after 5 years’ service.
- Contributory pension (7%).
- Working for a charity with a 30 year history of supporting LGBTQ+ young people at risk of homelessness.
- Clinical Supervision for roles directly supporting young people.
akt is proud to be an accredited Real Living Wage employer. This means we are committed to paying a wage based on the real cost of living to all our staff.
watch this space
Currently, we are not actively recruiting. To stay in the loop, we encourage you to sign up to our newsletter via the form in the footer of this page.